Wednesday 26 April 2017

Rustic Birdcage - Joanne Bain ( Challenge Inspiration )


Hi Everyone!!

Joanne dropping in today sharing my latest creation created for the gorgeous Dusty Attic April Mood Board Challenge. The challenge has an amazing prize of a $100 Dusty Attic Gift Voucher for the winner and to enter you simply need to use the Mood Board for Inspiration, you can interpret it anyway you like. The only requirement is that Dusty Attic chipboard is used in your creation. Once completed simply add your link to the right side bar of the Dusty Attic Blog.

So this is the April Mood Board.


I was inspired by the country rustic feel of this mood board. I drew my main inspiration from the barbed wire and the rust of the wagon wheel.

This is my interpretation of the moodboard...

'Rustic Birdcage'





So my birdcage is full of Dusty chipboard. Through the centre of the cage inside is the smaller Cog Cluster and it has been surrounded by other Dusty cogs of all sizes. To create a feature at the side of the cage I attached and Industrial Scroll...so love these!


The cage has been wrapped with some Dusty Barb Wire and I screwed in some household screws as an added feature. 



Chains, Ribbon and old dress jewelry adorn the cage.




Inside the cage I have hung an old earring to create a swing.




On the cage stand I have added some Dusty Lavender sprigs to the cluster.





Dusty Attic
Materials List
DA1393 Cog Cluster
DA1001 Lavendar
DA0689 Mini Cogs
DA0001 Cogs #1
DA1186 Barbwire #2
DA1542 Industrial Scroll
DA1749 Clockworks Small

Other
963286 Mechanicals Heart Locket
581688 Isabella - Nicia
963576 Finnabair Rust Paste
963057 Art Alchemy Ancient Coin Metallique Paint
963095 Art Alchemy Brass Hardware Metallique Paint
Birdcage
Ribbon
Old Jewelry

Come visit my blog - Scrappin For Me


1 comment:

  1. Just gorgeous. I love the rustic effect. I love to upcycle too. I made a bird cage light cover for my craft room. Check out my blog http://craftontherun.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete