Friday 27 March 2015

Dream Passionately - Lizzy Hill - Mood Board Inspiration

Hullo there! Time to show you what I've created based on our current
 DUSTY ATTIC CHALLENGE:
THERE IS STILL 5 DAYS LEFT TO ENTER
Remember, the mood board is there to INSPIRE you - you don't have to follow it to the letter! And remember to pop on at least one DUSTY ATTIC product [now available online HERE!!!]
So, firstly my journaling. I used the 'enjoy' word - it fitted perfectly for this:
I had a BALL using the DUSTY ATTIC paints [Oceania, Sunshine & Jungle Green] on my background.
I simply mixed them together 'til the colour looked 'right'!
I covered my card stock in Gesso first, then water sprayed the paints as I applied them with a sponge.
I wanted to keep this light and airy. So I only used touches of the other colours. Can you see the 'happy' word inside the string frame circle down the bottom? With the birds over the top? It originally said 'BEE happy & had a bee on it. A hint for you! You can chop up your stickers 'til they suit your needs. The birds are hiding the sticker cut edge!!!
[You can find a set of these Small String Frames HERE]
Another hint? NAIL POLISH....I know,  I keep saying it. Those pink dots are nail polish!!!
I wanted the vines in the corner of the page to 'drape' around Mum....sort of mimicking the trees in the bg of the photo. 
To do this, I cut up part of the VINE FRAMES #1, then 'wiggled' it around on the photo! I ADORE that corner flourish - ORNATE CORNER #13:
Lastly, I've cut one of the little birds off its wire & popped it over the heart sticker, above these LOVELY word chippies that I used for my title:
Of course, a page wouldn't be a page without an arrow or two *winks* !!!
These are from the ARROWS #1 SET. You get a wide variety - they're GREAT value:)
I do hope you get a chance to join in with our challenge this month!
Thanks for looking & as always ~ Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

3 comments:

  1. This is stunning Lizzy! I love what you did with the paint - and very clever use of the sticker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Lizzy. Love that pic of your Mum and your journaling about fulfilling her dreams. Good on her. Love your detail and the nail polish, yep, I have been known to pull it out here and there. Great for colouring chipboard too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sensational Lizzy, oozing with love and color x

    ReplyDelete