Wednesday 26 June 2013

" Collage" ATC by DT Vicky Alberto

This month's Dusty Attic ATC theme is COLLAGE: An artistic composition of materials and objects pasted over a surface, often with unifying lines and color. I used my June Swirlydoos "Brass Shilling" kit scraps glued to a piece of corrugated cardboard and a left over kit flower to compliment several DA chipboard casings (the parts surrounding the actual laser cut pieces), plus a pair of the mini wings. I also used some white DA paint and the DA clear crackle varnish. Wow that's a lot of Dusty Attic on a 2.5 inch by 3.5 inch surface!

TIP: Shabby chic "seashell" effect
How did I get that look on my chipboard? SO Easy! I simply stippled on thick gesso to create peaks. Once dry, I then used some semi-translucent mists (like Tattered Angels and Shimmerz) spraying lightly, letting it naturally resist the gesso peaks created and pool in the "valleys". Kinda looks like a cool seashell effect and it gleams beautifully in sunlight too.

I ended up turning this ATC into a Father's day card for my dad. More of the white paint was randomly sponged onto the paper layers.


Dusty Attic Products Used:
A piece of sweet pea border casing (DA0593)
Some pieces of Moroccan design casing (DA0838)
A piece of ATC frame #4 casing (DA0876)
Mini wings (DA0783)
Alabaster white paint (DA0902)
Clear crackle varnish (DA0900)

1 comment: