Friday 6 January 2012

Introducing Karola Witczak




Hi everyone, My name is Karola Witczak (in pronunciation: Vit - chuck). I am an absolutely addicted scrapbooking Mommy to Rose, wife to Martin, friend of our furry friends - Miki and Chili. 

I'm a little crazy woman, who is dedicated to my scrapbooking passion almost every day, for a few years now.  I am constantly trying to develop my passion - in different ways and stepping on different paths - from digital scrapbooking 6 years ago, to an intensive exploration of the intricacies of traditional scrapbooking, constant learning and teaching others as a scrapbooking instructor. 

Currently I am working as a freelance designer for a large group of scrapbooking companies, shops, projects, challenge blogs and I'm proud ambassador of many top brands and initiatives in my country of Poland and abroad like Prima, Pink Paislee, Melissa Frances, Glitz Design and others... sometimes I design products for scrapbooking - it gives me lots of joy and satisfaction. I am proud and honored to being Creative Director and Product Designer in The ScrapCake company, so it's my full time job which I make at home. In everyday life I create a LO's, cards, albums, and other things not directly related to scrapbooking - such as notebooks, home decors.

It is hard to define my style, mostly my friends call it "Karola's style," and often hear that this is a soft, romantic, feminine, eclectic. I love shabby chic but with something modern. In most of my work you can usually see portraits of my daughter - I am absolutely in love with her face, and such pictures usually go to my Lo's and albums. Definitely I like all feminine, romantic themes, delicate, soft colors, I'm also dependent on the sewing machine, especially when I make cards. 

I love to add new things to my projects, but usually I have big inspiration from patterned papers, flowers and interesting color palettes - I believe when I have a piece of paper I can create anything! 

Besides scrapbooking I love to cook, read (for the books I definitely spent much more money than for scrapbooking!), I'm a geek about thrillers and horrors in  books and films. I'm also a rock girl, but I love jazz and bossanova too, I love live music, coffee, and I am dependent on buying jeans and sneakers.

4 comments:

  1. I cant wait to see everything you do...always so inspriring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Karola...I am also looking forward to see what you create with Dusty's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Karola..love to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karola, I love your style and how it reflects in your Scrap Cake designs.

    ReplyDelete